Here in California, fire season is no joke. Each year we watch our state become devastated by wildfires that take out beloved towns, forests, and more. When you live in a place constantly ravaged by wildfire, it is incredibly important to play your role in prevention. As a commercial property owner, it is always a good idea to do what you can to mitigate the spread of a potential wildfire in your area, not only to protect your business but also to protect your community. One of the best ways to keep your property safe during wildfire season is to hire a professional commercial landscaper to handle your tree care.
Below are key benefits of professional tree care during fire season:
- Ensures you pass brush clearance inspections
- Reduces the risk of wildfires on your property
- Enhances the curb appeal of your property
- Improves the safety of your property
Good Tree Care Can Prevent Wildfires
How your property is designed, built, and maintained can play a huge role in the risk of wildfire in your area. Trees especially play a large part in wildfire prevention. If they are not positioned correctly, spaced out properly, trimmed carefully, or planted correctly, they can become a serious catalyst for wildfire. The key to reducing this risk is to know how to turn trees, a serious fire hazard, into a barrier against wildfire.
Below are fire season tree care tips:
- Select your trees wisely: Certain trees are known to burn like oil, while others are much less flammable. Here in SoCal, it is important to choose fire-resistant trees. We recommend coast live oak, cherry, crabapple, hawthorn, honeylocust, maple, or quaking aspen trees.
- Keep your trees spaced out: Crowding trees together is a dangerous landscaping mistake that properties in SoCal cannot afford to make. Fire can spread much more easily from tree to tree if they are close together, so it is crucial that your trees are spaced properly.
- Keep up with maintenance: Trees that are overgrown with branches that are too close to the ground are a huge fire hazard. The trees on your property need to be regularly maintained (i.e., trimmed, pruned, and fertilized) to ensure they don’t burn so easily if a fire is in your area.
- Remove dead trees: Trees that are dead or dying will burn much faster in the event of a wildfire, so it is important to keep a close eye on yours and remove any that are dead or diseased.
Stay Green Is Here to Help
Maintaining a large commercial property requires organization, skill, and an up-to-date knowledge on best practices in effective landscaping. That’s where Stay Green comes in. Since opening our doors in 1970, our team has remained committed to offering the most comprehensive and reliable commercial landscaping services. We are well aware of the challenges presented by our local climate and know exactly how to design, build, and maintain a healthy, safe, and beautiful landscape.
Stay Green offers complete tree care services guaranteed to improve the health and safety of your property.
Our tree care services include:
- Tree pruning
- Tree and stump removal
- Tree fertilization
- Tree health assessments
- Drought defense
- Cabling and bracing
- Pest control
- Tree hazard evaluations
- Annual care and management plans
Backed by 50+ years of service excellence, Stay Green is the best of the best in commercial landscaping. We have experience serving commercial properties of all types, including malls, theme parks, hotels, sports arenas, universities, government municipalities, HOAs, and more. No job is too big for our skilled landscapers to take on.
Call (800) 741-9150 or contact us online to learn more about how we can protect your property during fire season. We look forward to serving you!