Brush Clearance in Southern California
Award-Winning, Full-Service Landscape Firm
Is your property in compliance with Southern California’s brush clearance requirements? Stay Green, a professional landscape company based in Santa Clarita, is here to help you comply with fire regulations, pass inspections, avoid fines, and prevent fires.
If you are looking for professional brush clearance services in Southern California, that can help to beautify your garden and also help you prevent fires and stay in compliance with the law. We provide brush clearance for HOA's, governmental & commercial properties, municipalities, malls and airports.
Our landscape experts will get the job done right! Contact us today to schedule an inspection of your property.
Brush Clearance Requirements in Southern California
In light of the recent increase in the number and severity of forest fires throughout Southern California, the Los Angeles City Council has passed more stringent fire prevention regulations.
Owners of property within the designated Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zones must maintain their property according to the L.A.M.C. 57.322 Fire Code. The regulations apply to all trees, grass, weeds, native brush, and hazardous vegetation within 200 feet of any structure or building and within 10 feet of any roadway/driveway or any combustible fence.
The specific requirements include:
- Removing all dead shrubs and trees
- Cutting all grass, weeds, and native brush to a maximum height of 3 inches
- Trimming twigs, branches, and leafy foliage from the lower 1/3 of trees and shrubs up to a maximum of 6 feet above the ground
- Maintaining all native shrubs and brush to a size of no more than 216 cubic feet and at least 18 feet apart from structures, combustible material, and other native shrubs
- Preventing substantial accumulation of twigs, leaves, needles, and other combustible matter on roofs
- Keeping all overhanging foliage at least 5 feet above any roof surface
- Maintaining 10 feet of clearance between a chimney outlet and any foliage
Brush clearance requirements also include regulations for how the process may be carried out. For instance, all metal cutting blades that are used for grass or brush clearing must be non-ferrous/non-sparking. Also, brush clearance shall not be carried out on red flags days – when the weather conditions are most conducive for fires. There are also guidelines that must be followed for the safe removal and disposal of all debris.
Protect Your Property from Fees & Fires
Even though clearing your property may be new for you, it is not for us. We have been providing quality brush removal services since 1970. Stay Green has the experience and resources to resolve your Southern California brush clearance needs quickly and effectively.
Related Blog Articles:
- 2021 Brush Clearance Regulations from the Los Angeles Fire Department
- The Importance of Brush Clearance in Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zones
- Fire Safety Alert: Brush Clearance Is Crucial
Contact our landscape professionals today at (800) 741-9150 to discuss the right solution for your property.
We are deeply invested in doing all we can to ensure that the work we provide is smart, sustainable, safe.Learn More
We're seeking motivated, educated, enthusiastic team members to help us maintain high standards of excellence in the landscape industry.Apply Here
As your leading source for all your landscaping needs, we can keep you updated on all of the most recent news & tips.View articles
We offer many benefits through our commitment to high quality workmanship and customer service.How we help