Spring is the time when our lawns and the rest of our landscaping comes back to life after a long winter. It is a time of renewal and the perfect time to set your landscaping up to thrive through summer and into fall. The best way to do this is to add landscape maintenance and preparation to your spring-cleaning routine.
Top 5 Landscape Maintenance Tips
Landscape maintenance is a year-round job. However, certain times of the year are more important for taking care of your landscaping than others. Spring is possibly the most crucial time of the year for caring for your landscaping. It is the time when you set the standard for what your landscaping can and should be in the year ahead. Here are a few spring landscape maintenance tips that can help your landscaping get started on the right foot:
- Inspect – Check your trees and shrubbery. Look for any issues, such as broken branches. Have the broken branches pruned or removed. Also, check your irrigation system. Turn it on and make sure it is working properly. If possible, have your irrigation system professionally inspected.
- Test – Test your soil to make sure it has the proper nutrients and pH levels. A landscaping professional can help with this.
- Clean – Clear your landscaping of dead leaves and other debris.
- Fertilize – Before fertilizing your trees, lawn, or shrubs, get the results of your soil test to ensure that you know what your landscape’s nutrient needs are first. This will allow you to choose a fertilizer that provides your soil with the exact nutrients it needs. You should also make sure that you fertilize your landscaping at the best time of year, which may not always be spring, depending on what type of plant life you have on your property.
- Preventative Care – Spray and employ other methods of weed and pest control.
Need Help with Landscape Maintenance? Call Our Landscaping Experts Today!
Since 1970, Stay Green has been helping fellow Southern Californians with their landscaping maintenance needs. During that time, we’ve become experts at caring for landscapes in this community. Our commercial landscaping specialists take pride in the work we do and helping customers keep their landscapes looking top notch. To learn more about Stay Green and the high-quality service we provide, check out our customers’ reviews.
Give our landscape maintenance experts a call at (800) 741-9150 or contact us online today for a complimentary estimate!